|Program||Bachelor [학사과정]||Course Type||Major Elective [ 전공선택 ]|
|Course Code||31.312||Course No||IE312|
- Thu: 09:00~11:45
|Course Title||Introduction to Human Engineering [ 인간공학 ]|
Tue: 10:30~12:00 / (E2)Industrial Engineering & Management Bldg. [ (E2)산업경영학동 ] (#2504)
Thu: 10:30~12:00 / (E2)Industrial Engineering & Management Bldg. [ (E2)산업경영학동 ] (#2504)
|Department||산업및시스템공학과(Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering)|
|Syllabus File||IE312 Syll_Introduction to Human Engineering_2017 Spring_Final.pdf|
|Summary of Lecture||Course Description:
This course conveys the importance of considering human capabilities and limitations in system design and operation. This includes understanding human characteristics from the physical, sensory and cognitive perspectives, and how people fit into socio-technical systems. This introductory course provides students with a basic Human Factors (HF) knowledge base, HF terminology, basic methodologies and techniques, and selected analytical and engineering skills.
- Understand the principles and applications of human factors engineering;
- Be able to relate human physical, sensory, cognitive capabilities and limitations to human-centered design;
- Select and correctly use appropriate human factors & ergonomics analysis techniques;
- Apply human factors & ergonomics principles to develop design specifications;
- Design, conduct, and document a human factors experiment;
- Apply human factors techniques and concepts introduced in class via a team project.
|Material for Teaching||- Main textbook : Wickens, C.D., Lee, J.D., Liu, Y., Gordon Becker, S.E., 2004. An Introduction to Human Factors in Engineering (2nd Ed.). Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice-Hall.
- Auxiliary textbook : Sanders, MS and McCormick, EJ., 2002. Human Factors in Engineering and Design (7th Edition), McGraw Hill.
|Evaluation Criteria||* The followings evaluation criteria may change:
A. Attendance:10 % B. Assignments:10 % C. Midterm exam: 30 %
D. Lab reports: 25 % E. Team Project: 25 %
|Lecture Schedule||See the attached syllabus for details.|